Tuesday 9 June 2015

Films You MUST See

As I've mentioned before I am a bit of an addict when it comes to films and since having access to Netflix my addiction has only become more serious. 


As a child I was way more interested in films than some of my friends making it really hard to express my enthusiasm and excitement. 



One thing that I never understood was why people cried at films. 

And now I cry at pretty much every film. Whether it's hormones or what, I don't know.

I'm happy to watch any genre of film, horrors are growing on me more now that I'm growing up a bit. (Still terrified of ghosts though!)

ANYWAY!
I will now share with you films that in my opinion, you MUST watch. 

Disclaimer: The following list does not include films previously mentioned on my Confessions of a Filmaholic post, however they are vitally important and MUST be seen as well as the following list. 

10 Films You MUST See:

1. Cast Away- Even I didn't watch this film up until very recently and I've found what has been missing in my life for the last 10 years. I SOBBED. Who knew you could become so emotionally attached to volleyball? Tom Hanks carries this film by himself in such a touching, funny and moving way. Honestly, you're missing out. 

2. Monty Python:The Holy Grail/Life of Brian- These two films are utterly ridiculous but fantastically brilliant. They are literally hours of silliness with some bizarre scenes that make you say aloud 'Who came up with this?!'. Will definitely brighten up any dark day. 

3. The Bodyguard- Despite this film being a total classic I also only experienced this one the other day. Guess what? I sobbed. Whitney Houston was so fabulous and Kevin Costner was so awesome. Just watch it. No spoilers here! 

4. I Give It A Year- This is relatively new film and that makes it so relatable and hilarious. It gives such an accurate outlook on relationships and the strains that you can't help but laugh along and nod a few times in agreement. Oops!

5. Seven- This psychological thriller will honestly have you hooked from the start. A fabulous and eye-catching (as always) performance from Brad Pitt and a particularly terrifying Kevin Spacey! This one just keeps you guessing and we all know there is nothing worse than a predictable film! 

6. Deer Hunter- This film is LONG. But stick with it. It is such an emotional rollercoaster. With some classic names in the cast list it can't not be good! There are also some historical aspects in there! It's 'educational'! 

7. The Lord of the Rings- I'm yet to watch the third but the first two are magical. These are also pretty long films but definitely worth the watch. As someone who wishes more than anything that magic was real, these films are fab. They are definite must sees. 

8. Monsters Inc- It bewilders me how people make it through childhood without watching this movie. I can't express how much I wish it was all real. The prequel was also just as fab which is rare! If there's any film that will stop a child being scared of monsters- its this one. 

9. Finding Nemo- Sticking with the Pixar theme, this one is also one of my childhood classics which I could watch everyday and still adore. A story of perseverance, determination and friendship that has some undoubtedly comical moments despite being a very sad story. 'THE TANK IS CLEAN?!' 

10. Dumb & Dumber- Jim Carrey is honestly one of my all time favourite actors. I find his mannerisms priceless. This film has me in tears...laughing. Lloyd and Harry are two men lacking in common sense, to say the least. The sequel to this which has recently come out, much to my delight was just as commendable. 



It has been so tricky to try to narrow this down to 10 films. 
I could go on for days recommending films. 

Obviously it is ultimately down to personal preference and different things appeal to different people. I hope to have covered enough genres to appeal to a wide audience of people! 

Let me know what other films I must watch! I don't want to be missing out either! 


'til next time
Hannah xo


Don't forget to check out my other post on films: Confessions of a Filmaholic 
And let me know what you'd like me to blog about next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment