Saturday 5 November 2016

A Festive Food Market

One of my favourite things about living in Sheffield is that there always seems to be something going on. 

Today I popped into town to run some errands and stumbled across a huge food market which ran the full stretch of the high street. 

There were stalls selling foods from countries all over Europe.





I spoke to a few of the people running some of the stalls to find out what was going on. 

This event is know as Marketplace. Traders from all over Europe can pay to have their stall as part of the market that tours all over the country. 




We couldn't believe the vast range of food these stalls offered and the amazing quality of all of the food that was available. 

This event has been in Sheffield for the last few days and tomorrow is their last day. 

Their next stop is Glasgow, before moving on to Norwich, Newcastle and Exeter before continuing their journey. 




Of course we got a crepe! It would've been rude not to, and they were delicious!! 


This stall was by Bedazzled Cupcakes, I spoke to the man running this stall who told me what it was all about!
(Thank you nice man) 

Today is a freezing cold day up north and seeing this in town created such a festive atmosphere. 

I will link the Marketplace website so you can check out whether they're coming to a place near you this festive season! 



I hope you enjoyed this post, I'm so pleased I stumbled across this today and I strongly recommend you check it out if you get the chance! 

'til next time,

Hannah xo




No comments:

Post a Comment