Wednesday 8 July 2015

Summer 2015 Day Trips Vol 4: Sea Life Centre

To celebrate the birthday of my fella, we took a trip to the Sea Life Centre in Birmingham.


As well as the aim of the day being- 'Lets go and have a laugh and do voices for the fish' I also wanted to visit Sea Life as I hadn't been since I was very little.



As attractions like these are mainly aimed at young children we went with open minds and were pleasantly surprised.



The displays were amazing and the animals that they have there are honestly stunning.

We started our day with a stroll around the Bullring shopping centre.

Then we grabbed ourselves a quick Pizza Express. I've always loved the food here and I always manage to persuade them to make me a half and half pizza when I just can't choose! (Also the ice cream is fab).

We then began our walk to actually find the Sea Life Centre. Despite having Google Maps, we found out that they are useless if you can't read a map. Luckily I had some idea. After asking around and taking a few wrong turns we made it. The walk wasn't actually too far...we just messed it up. ALL FUN EHY!
I booked our tickets online, and as well as a crazy discount, entry was so easy. I'd highly recommend booking online, then all you have to do is show the bar code and wullah!

The first thing you see when you walk in is this amazing display. The most ADORABLE penguins ever.
I honestly could've watched them all day. There are lots of different windows around
this enclosure too so you can watch them from different angles. 

My happy chappy!
After the penguins you enter this room. As well as having crazy rainforest decor
the room is full of different tanks full of an amazing array of creatures. 



NEMO

This fella had it in for me, I could just tell. 

These totally perplexed me. You wouldn't wanna have claustrophobia if you were
one of them! 



WATCH OUT FOR THE SHARKS!
This tank was by far my favourite. After walking around the rest of the building you are then invited to take the lift down to the ground floor. This is the first thing you see when you leave the lift. We stood for ages watching the sharks and other huge fish swim by. There's something magical about the peacefulness. 

At this point you enter a tunnel. You are surrounded by water and
the giant rays, turtles and sharks all swim around you! We spent
a really long time in here too...oops! 

This guy was awesome. We stood waiting for him to swim back around the vast
tank so that we could get some photos! It really puts into perspective the size of
these incredible animals. 

Shelfie! 

SO- That was our day! 

We spent a few hours wandering around. When you get to the end you can just walk back through and start all over again! 

Although I do find it weird that all of these animals are being stored in a warehouse in the middle of Birmingham and aren't free, I do think that attractions like this are really valuable to allow people to experience this where they otherwise couldn't. 

All in all, we had a really lovely, funny and affordable day out! 

Where should I visit next? 

til next time
Hannah xo

P.S. The photos aren't great quality this time, due to unpredictable lighting and everything being a bit...blue! 

P.P.S. I have a new video up on YouTube! 

Here's a link:The Sister Tag
Please check it out & give it a like! 

Thank you, bye xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment