Friday 1 August 2014

Confessions Of A Filmaholic

I am a self confessed film addict.
If I could sit and watch movies all day everyday I would. 
From Disney classics to psychological thrillers to comedies..I AM OBSESSED. 


I don't think I would be the person I am without the things I've learnt from films and the influences that movies over the years have had on me. 



For a long time now I've been interested in acting and writing, so observing some of the incredible work of other people inspires me even more to get involved in that industry.



Ready for my Top 10?

Here we go-


My Top 10 Favourite Films (so far):



1. Pulp Fiction- I do not know how I lived for 16 years without watching this film. A Quentin Tarantino  classic, full of violence, drug abuse and other wonderful elements which make the whole thing incredibly inappropriate but all the more fantastic. Along with some golden comedy moments which you can't help but laugh at! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.



2. GoodFellas- This film has made me want to be part of the Mafia. Following the risky yet rewarding life of a first class gang of gangsters. Action packed from start to finish and gives an awesome insight into the world of gangsters.



3. The Little Mermaid- Slight change of genre with this one. My favourite Disney princess is Ariel therefore this is my all time favourite Disney classic. I know all of the words to the songs and I could watch it over and over again. I want to be a mermaid. No shame. 



4. Leon- This film is underrated and not well known enough for my liking! A top class assassin trains a teenage girl to be like him..WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE?! Again..pretty violent, but an amazing love story too! 



5. An Officer and a Gentleman- Speaking of love stories..this 80s classic makes me cry every time. A beautiful love story with twists and heartbreak. Nothing like a man in uniform!



6. Tangled- Yes, another Disney one! I can't remember how many times I've watched this film, I know the fill dialogue and all of the songs off by heart. Rapunzel's hair is truly fabby. 



7. Forrest Gump- If you haven't seen this film you must have been living under a rock for your whole life. One of the best films ever made in my opinion. A heart wrenching story of the incredible story of a mentally challenged man, all told by him,on a bench, at a bus stop, to the general public!                                                                                                                                                                                                  

8. Love Actually- This is one of my favourites to watch at Christmas time! Love, sex, romance, heartbreak..everything that makes Christmas wonderful..just kidding! But its a great film to sit down and get into the Christmas spirit with!


9. Harry Potter- Yes, I am guilty of adoring every single Harry Potter film! I want magic to be real so badly that watching the films makes me overwhelmingly happy! If you haven't yet watched them, I would highly recommend exposing yourself to the magical world of magic!



10. The Game- This is one of the biggest plot twists in a film I have ever witnessed! A man is encouraged to take part in a 'game' of which he doesn't know anything about, and things start getting weird. Amazing psychological thriller.



Now obviously only a few of these films are appropriate for young children, but I would highly recommend all of these films to everyone. 

And if you're also obsessed with movies, I'm sure you'll agree..they're not a waste of time, but an educational experience that no one should miss out on! 
WATCH FILMS!


'til next time..

Hannah xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment